opinion in the rtte

ménage à trois

Hoo boy, here we go…
1. In HTTYD 2 it’s implied (maybe even said somewhere in an interview?) that Berk has been living in peace the past 5 years…if you watch RTTE (and kinda also RoB/DoB) that can’t be farther from the truth. They end up in an actual war!
2. During the intro of HTTYD 2 Hiccup says Berk is “The best kept secret this side of, well, anywhere.” when according to the TV show he’s flying around meeting all these tribes/people sooooo…
3. Additionally in HTTYD 2 when talking about the dragon trappers he saw, Hiccup says: “No, this was different. Not the standard run-for-the-hills hoo-ha I’ve come to enjoy.” So apparently most, if not all tribes/people he did come across were terrified of him and Toothless and ran away.
4. Why is Hiccup that surprised about the Dragon Trappers in HTTYD 2? I guess you could say he’s just shocked they’re in that area or not all gone…but with the way he words it and just how shocked he is it seems to me like he’s never encountered something like them before.
5. Hiccup being shocked about there being other dragon riders. With the Wingmaidens, Heather and Dagur, the Defenders of the Wing, and Krogan and his Dragon Fliers should he really be that surprised that someone else managed to learn how to ride a dragon? Like maybe Heather or Dagur taught them, maybe they came from a tribe like the Defenders of the Wing (yes I know the Defenders of the Wing don’t actually ride dragons themselves but hopefully you can see my point here), maybe they’re using force like the Dragon Fliers…so yeah, I’m not buying it lol.
6. The timeline. So apparently RTTE starts around 2 years before HTTYD 2 from what I remember…and with all the timeskips and events that happen in it how does it even fit into that time period? Let’s say it somehow miraculously does, how does Hiccup have enough time before the events of HTTYD 2 to build all those contraptions 
for dragons on Berk? Explore all those islands he has on his map that he never visited in RTTE? Turn dragon racing into a popular sport? Make Toothless’ new saddle and tail fin, his new flight gear and leg, the upgraded inferno, and his upgraded flight suit (this one would take less time than the others but still)? This goes back to number 1., if Hiccup’s off fighting wars with dragon hunters it doesn’t make sense for Berk to be the way it is.
7. The Bewilderbeast crap. Okay so you’re telling me that there’s another one of these ultra rare gigantic alpha dragons in the same general vicinity as Valka’s Nest? And it had an egg that Valka takes that she never mentions? Oh yeah and Drago apparently wanted it (or the egg) even though he should have already had his Bewilderbeast by now (he had dragons attack that chief meeting, I imagine that getting them to do that might have been a bit tricky without the Bewilderbeast, I also imagine building a dragon army would be easier with it, so yeah, it really is implied that he’s had it for many years) it’s been stated that he raised it from an egg (that’s also why it listens to him, he’s abused it since it was a hatchling). I mean if he got the egg at that time it probably wouldn’t have had time to grow to the size we see in HTTYD 2, even if \
Bewilderbeasts grow fast. Also Hiccup is surprised to see the Bewilderbeast ice even though he’s already seen it…
8. When talking about HTTYD 2 Dean said Hiccup and Astrid had been in a relationship for years (and if you look at stuff like GotNF it’s kinda obvious)…while if you watch RTTE they don’t get together until season 4! Which means by HTTYD 2 they might have been in a relationship for like, what, a year at most?
9. Dragon abilities. This one really annoys me and has more impact than you’d think…take Toothless, in the movies, he firepower does damage, and it’s been stated many times that Night Furies are the fastest which is also supported by scenes from the movies…now look at TV show Toothless, his firepower is laughable most of the time, it’s like it can barely even stun dragons, he’s struggling to outfly random dragons, you have Hiccup casually saying “oh yeah those dragons are faster than us”, Tuffnut saying Stormfly’s the fastest BeCaUsE ChICkEn (even though when they discovered the whole chicken thing back in RoB she never was actually faster)…I can understand making Toothless a little weaker but come on. If you actually think about it some events would have turned out pretty differently if they didn’t nerf Toothless or the other dragons.

I’m sure I could go on (especially if I watched/read about RTTE again), but I think this is good enough for now lol. Hope this answers your question!

Comments

Popular Posts